Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Year, New Blog Hop!

Hello everyone!

It's been several weeks since we had a blog hop - we decided that we needed to take a break for the holidays and regroup.  We've made a few changes to the hop that I think you'll like.

* We're scaling back our posts from once a week to twice a month. Things have been busy for all of us and we knew it wasn't fair to everyone following the hop when we weren't consistent with our posting.  Dropping down to two posts is more manageable and this way we're all 100% committed to the hop.

* We've also changed the day we post. You can expect to see awesome projects from all of us on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month.  On the 2nd Wednesday we'll be posting a themed project - and we'd love to have you play along.  Simply create your own project and upload it to MyDigitalStudio.net.  Tag your sample with MDS Blog Hop so we can check out your amazing ideas!  On the 4th Wednesday it will be a creative project of our choosing - whatever we're working on at the moment - so you'll see lots of different ideas every month!

* We've also invited some fantastic guest designers to hop along with us each month.  I'm really excited about that.  I've seen so many amazing projects on MyDigitalStudio.net and it'll be fantastic to have them join us.  This month we'll have Julie Davidse guest designing for us.  Welcome to the hop Julie!  We're thrilled to have you!

* One more thing - we've started a Pinterest Board for the MDS Blog Hop so you can find (and Pin!) our projects easily.  Super cool, right?


Ok, on to the posting!  This week our projects are all about Snow.  We haven't had lots of snow around here the last couple of years, so I had to dig deeper for some pictures.  Luckily I have loads of pictures that still need to be scrapped so I found something pretty quickly.


I used some of this week's new downloads on my page; Delicate Adornments and Two Tone ribbon.  I loved the downloads right away but thought they were a little too girly to use on any of my scrapbook pages.  I have two boys, so girly is out!  Once I reached the point that my page just needed something...more...I took a chance and added some lace.  Wouldn't you know - it looked kind of snowy!  How's that for thinking outside the box?  ;)  I love the fun new buttons - they add some great texture to my page. I also used Glimmer Paper to fill in my punched snowflakes.  I may or may not have a slight obsession with glitter...

I hope you have fun seeing all the projects from our group today - I know they're all as excited as I am to start the blog hop back up again!  




Have a great day!

4 comments:

stampinjul said...

Great page! Isn't it awesome how kids can just be happy even when they are freezing cold?

Amber said...

thank you so much ladies!

Jonna said...

I do like your idea to use the lace as snow. Great thinking out of the box. Thanks for sharing

tengrrl said...

LOVE the Glimmer Paper snowflakes. I'm so stealing that idea! :)