Friday, September 14, 2012

MDS Blog Hop!

Good morning everyone!  If this isn't your first stop on the hop {hey, that rhymes!} then you'll know that the amazing Mandy Grant gave us a card sketch for today's challenge.  I fell in love with it and started creating right away.  Unfortunately...I had to put it away and never got back to it.  So many things going on! My parents are in town for the weekend - YAY!!! - and Simon's birthday party is tomorrow.  So much to do and never enough time.  If I didn't have to sleep then I wouldn't be in this predicament!  Although, my wonderful husband pointed out to me that if that were the case I'd simply be adding more onto my To Do list. *Sigh*

Never fear - I still have a project for you.  As it happens, I completely forgot to post the scrapbook pages I designed for Convention this year.  Whew!  That little moment of forgetfulness has saved my bacon today :D

I created five pages altogether, but for now I'll just show you three.  I'll post the others later.  This first page was done using the Birds of a Feather Collection.  I wasn't so sure I'd like that one at first, but I changed my mind pretty quickly.  Lots of digital goodness in that kit!


This page I created with the Comfort Cafe Collection - and I knew right off that I loved this kit!  I'll admit, I'm still a little unsure how to use some of the flowery paper, but mostly, I just love the colors and style of these downloads. 


Ok, this one actually made it to the sample boards.  I saw a picture of it somewhere in blog land but I can't remember where or I'd post that too.  The background is white, so it's a little hard to see   but I think you'll get the idea.  I wanted to switch things up since I normally design in 12x12.  I really like the result and had a lot of fun with this design.  Simon was only 2 at the time of these pictures and he just turned 5!  I'd forgotten what a cute round face he had.  Ah, they grow up so quickly!  I used the Fan Fair Collection - another of my faves.


Well, I hope you've enjoyed the blog hop thus far! There are more goodies waiting for you so keep on hoping and we'll see you next week :D





No comments: